Tuesday 3 March 2015

Solo Fantasy Games

MacSver has been away on business for the last couple of weeks, and although I've been busy with my Panzer painting I've been feeling the lack of games. Naturally thoughts turn to solo games and using those pieces that haven't seen the light of day they deserve.

Solo for me means Two Hour Wargames and as I've been neglecting my Pendraken 10mm Dungeon I've finally found a good excuse to buy their (relatively) new Two Hour Dungeon Crawl Rules.

I've been fancying running an "endless dungeon" campaign for a long time now (I know I'm not alone there) but have found settling on a good solo\co-op ruleset difficult. I have big expectations for this one. Time to roll up some adventurers...

8 comments:

  1. Definitely not alone there. I have my Pendraken dungeon gathering dust and so bought 2HDC last week.
    I look forward to seeing how your campaign goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be having a trial game or 2 before I start that first, but also looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be watching this closely my ownself. I've got enough Pendraken fantasy figures to choke a (very small) horse, but aside from D&D haven't found a set of delving rules that I like. Of course, as a big fan of your blog, so watching this thread closely doesn't really change anything on my end. This post is just my way of trying to motivate you to sell me on a new set of rules.

    It'll be tough, though. I've tried a couple of sets of the 2-Hour rules and never really managed to get my hands around them enough to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this will be the way forward for my dungeon (although my figure count is a bit more restrictive). I know that THW rules can be a bit hard work at the start with all the tables, but if my past experience is anything to go by, once the random elements are generated it doesn't take too long before the required rolls become a bit easier ("my warrior hits on a 4" for example).

      Fingers crossed...

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, an endless dungeon sounds intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at times it also sounds a bit optimistic, but it handly keeps to theme open-ended, so should be easier to dip in and out of.

      Delete