The idea is to have the walls and roof separate and some easy way to join them together. In the end this is what I've come up with as a first attempt:
- Foam core
- paper printout of building kit
- PVA glue
- Self adhesive magnetic tape
- Self adhesive steel paper
- PVC Angle trim (10mm x 10mm)
- The magnetic strength of the strip isn't very strong, but holds the building together well enough to be picked up - it doesn't stand up to a decent shake mind you.
- Using foam core does make the inside of the building smaller, and the corner connectors throw up some issues with interior aesthetics and window placement if you want to cut out the windows.
- The window\door cut-out problem would require some careful design, and probably leave the building looking a bit too "everything in the middle of the wall" looking?