Wednesday 9 November 2022

Orcs Assemble


After my previous Orcs post I looked out all my GW Lord Of The Rings Orcs\Uruk Hai from the project box and assembled two 12 model units. Nominally Light Infantry and  Heavy Infantry in Dragon Rampant terms. Whilst it has taken me longer to finish them than expected this was due to lack of sitting down at the paint desk rather than slow painting rate.

 

Using the slap-chop method and ignoring most detail where present (I'm not going to start ranting again!) these really did paint up very quickly. I did the 12 Pike wielding Uruk Hai in pretty much one evening - a new record. They were also based using Geek Gaming Scenics Base Ready Patchy Plains pack, so one dip in the tub and sealing with dilute PVA - good to go.


I don't think I'll ever be using these as individual models but the pace at which the the units can be done actually gives me realistic hope that I'll have a painted full army. And you can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment