Monday 21 August 2023

Call of Cthulhu Flying Polyp

 


Well that was a fun evening slapping some paint on an old metal OOP version of RAFM's Flying Polyp from their Call of Cthulhu range. 

For all these years of looking at this figure in it's blister I thought that it was built to be long and horizontal, and it was only when doing an image search as I tried to build it that I found that it stood upright!


Like the Yig, it has been sitting in the pile for many years. With feeling burnt out from work at the moment this was the perfect tonic. No real plan, no right or wrong, just sit down and enjoy. The only restriction that I put on myself was that I didn't want to have it a red bloody mess but a fleshy, puss-blistered being. A final coat of gloss varnish adding to the effect. It definitely was the "WTF is that" factor for appearing as an alien in Majestic 13, a Demon or even as it's intended literary creation.

2 comments:

  1. Ive got one of those figs in the figure collection somewhere too. Always reminds me of this sketch :-) https://youtu.be/BWT07iRvI9M?feature=shared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. I've never seen that. Off to order some mint elder sign - got to keep fresh! :D

      (also not I feel that my plumber knows EVEN MORE than me than he did already!!)

      Delete