Some of you have no doubt seen on other blogs the "Stylish Award scheme". It's sort of a peer nominated blog recommendation system. You are tagged by a very nice person and in return you give them a link, tell the world 7 facts about yourself and recommend another 10-15 blogs for the award (letting them know). It's all done in good will and is a neat bit of fun. I know it's already introduced me to some interesting blogs already.
So imagine my surprise to find that I'd been nominated by Tristan on his excellent (and busy) blog GWpertinent. Cheers, mate, very brave of you to try and give a description of this small area of the interweb in 2 lines. "All over the map, but a hobbyists blog for sure." may well have to be used as a new tag line.
- My first modelling fun was all WWII Airfix models as a lad in the late 70's early 80's - the planes blotted out my bedroom ceiling. None of these have survived the test of time. By test of time I obviously mean being stuffed with matches and turps soaked cotton wool then set on fire in the garden!
- I have never played Warhammer Fantasy battle nor 40k.
- Although I enjoy gaming and roleplaying the fantasy genre I've never managed to read past the first chapter of Fellowship of the Ring.
- When I was about 12 someone knocked a pane of glass from a window which fell 12 feet through the air and somehow landed on top of my head flat. With that amount of luck used up I'll happily roll 1s for the rest of my life!
- 4 weeks ago I re-watched Alien, only to discover that I'd only ever seen the first 40 minutes before. I couldn't believe it!
- I can't decide which moment in movie history is more awesome - the Zombie vs Shark fight in Zombie Flesh Eaters or Ollie Reed boxing Henry Cooper in Royal Flash (forward to 13:09 onwards).
- Two things guaranteed to bring a tear to my eye are the last verse of Rolf Harris's "Two Little Boys" and the Spock's death scene in "Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan". On examination both broach the same topic - the death of a close friend.
- Yours in White Wine Sauce : One of my many un-realised passions is Victorian Sci-Fi (I prefer this label rather than Steak Punk). This blog is a finely whiskered leader.
- Armored Ink : So many brilliant projects
- 40kbitz : As a Dad who's son has recently taken an interest in having a 40k army, I've found this site interesting.
- Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog : Loads of painting gets done here, with a wide variety of game genres.
- Game Over : Gaming, RPG's, thoughts(?)
- Somewhere the tea's getting cold... : Started Off showcasing his Doctor Who mini's, now is more themed fantasy warbands: Lovely, interesting stuff.
- An Evil Giraffe : Doctor Who and a touch of Cthulhu, what's not to love?
- BigLee's Miniature Adventures : There's a reason he's already being "Style" nominated and he's got more followers than Brian.
- the Man Cave : another all-round fave.
- cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog : This man's painting is just too good. It sometimes wonder if it's inspirational or depressing (for me). Gorgeous