(New additions/changes are shown in italics. Full stats are shown for new recruits)
Valgen Maests Warband (256pts)
- Valgen Maest: DWARF COMMANDER (88 Pts) XP: 2
- Falkaya Bloodsworn "Mrs Maest" (32 Pts) XP: 1
- Falster Vonlyr: Elite Warrior (46 Pts) XP:2
- Halgar Snowbeard: Warrior (26 Pts) XP: 2
- Squint Ironsights: Crossbowman (24 Pts) XP: 1
- Rorr Burgarmash: Beastslayer (New Recruit)
40 Pts, XP: 0 Quality 3+, Combat 4, Short Move, Hatred (Beastmen)
- Johan Tierpfleger: HUMAN LEADER (60 Pts) XP:2
- Torgor: Beastman #1 (32 Pts) XP:2
- Kragos: Beastman #2 (32 Pts) XP:2
- Arax: Beastman #3 (32 Pts) XP:2
- Sidern: Minotaur Warrior (52 Pts) XP:2
- Jamwar: Young Minotaur (32 Pts) XP:2
- Kodar the Cruel: Chaos Warrior (39 Pts) XP:2
As per the scenario rules MacSver set up his dwarven counters round a piece of terrain short from his table edge (he could have had some on the table edge as well but chose not to) The Dwarves had two markers for each figure. The marker would be revealed (to be false or a character of MacSver's choosing) on activation or when the enemy reached within long of the marker.
Not wanting to take on the mystery force head on the beast herd flanked round the side of a central hill. As the dwarves would reveal themselves if any of the counters moved/activated they could make sure that they didn't get strung out.
The dwarves activated a couple of warriors to draw in the beastmen. The crossbowman took a couple of activations, but managed to climb the slippery slope to provide a bit of cover for Snowbeard the warrior.
Instead of engaging the activated dwarves the beastmen moved round one side of the hill to reveal he markers round there.
Outcome: Beastman Win