Monday 18 January 2010

Ral Partha 2 Headed Ogre (1982)


A quick post with a 1982 Ral Partha 2 Headed Ogre painted at the same time as my Dog Soldiers Squaddies. This had been sitting undercoated on the paint table for a few months so and it's double glare finally wore me down.

The "high contrast" paint effect attempted on the Werewolves had gone quite well, so thought I'd try it again on this figure as the body structure was defined, but more subtly than more modern sculpts and I didn't want it lost. Wasn't too thrilled when I finished it, but happily the more I come back to it the more I like it. Nothing like a bit of cooling off time on a paintjob.

I actually thought it was an old 2 headed Giant (or 2 headed medium by today's scale creep standards), but Megaminis put up the 1983 Ral Partha catalogue online (with a good few others) which corrected me. I don't know if it would have affected my colour choices if I'd known before hand or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment