Friday 18 March 2011

Warmachine - Cryx DeathJack


I can hardly believe it. This bad boy has been looming over my painting area for months, so to actually have him finished is actually quite emotional.

I can't take any credit for the customisations on this piece, it was a bargain pre-assembled Ebay purchase - built, undercoated and over £10 off RRP. I've continued my rusted grey armour theme, which I am still very much enjoying the look of. I've tried to make sure that the Skulls of Hate ring out in the army signature colour (purple in my case). Also, I painted the poor soldier on the base with an intentionally subdued pallette as I wanted to make sure that the eye was drawn to the hulking DeathJack first then the base was noticed afterwards. The custom base adds about an extra 20mm to the figure height, so it totally dwarfs all the other figures - even the other heavy jacks!






5 comments:

  1. Having seen this, and your other warjacks, all themed in this crafted ‘rusted’ style, up close and personal on the battlefield recently, I was immensely impressed. All the hard-work shows as you have very impressive, and enviable, Cryx army that I strongly suggest you exhibit for painting competitions as I sincerely think you have a very good chance of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mate. You're making me blush...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple and rust is a nice combination: certainly more interesting than my generic Dark and Boring Deathjack! In fact, it's so nice that I won't have a go at you about all those must-takes I thought you didn't take... :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot. It's suitably decayed and "dying" and there's not a hint of the quasi-official faux-Necron colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I wasn't keen on the PP green theme either, hence the change.

    @Von: Ha,ha. In my defence I had that one before I make those "wild" statements - with a few more pre-statement purchases still to appear. I will now live in fear of the Von "must-take alert" posts.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete