One of the fears about Amera pieces can be their lack (or low amount) of texture. A lot of people have great results with glue and sand, but I discovered I had 2 cans of unused textured spray paints (from a forgotten project years ago), so I thought I experiment with them instead.
Once the textures had dried it was now for some base colour. I've undercoated stone in black in the past, but didn't want such a dark finish this time, so the stone was undercoated with grey auto primer. The ground was sprayed with a dark brown acrylic
Both pieces have been given a coat of spray matt varnish.
Pretty happy at the way these have turned out. More to come (after I finish my couple of jobs I interrupted)