- Valgen Maest (P) 100 points, Q2+, C4, Short Move, Block, Heavy Weapon, Leader
- Runemaster Baaz (P) 94 points, Q3+, C1, Short Move, Spellcaster - Trap, Lightening, Counter, Fear
- Cerri Crakshot 40 points, Q3+, C3, Short Move, Short Bow, Unerring Aim
- Nokki Longarm 38 points, Q3+,C3, Short Move, Long Reach
- Halgar Snowbeard 42 points, Q3+,C4, Short Move, Block
- Manon Hardfoot 42 points, Q3+,C4, Short Move, Block
- Halgar Bloodmane 42 points, Q3+,C4, Short Move, Block
- Ardaric Blackmaul (P) 76 points, Q3+,C3, Leader, Fearless, Evade & Counter
- Fredrick Redmist , 66 points, Q3+,C3, Fearless, Melee Block, Boiling Blood
- Axe Warrior (x3), 46 points Q3+,C3, Fearless, Melee Block, Shield Breaker
- Sword Warrior, 36 points, Q3+,C3, Fearless
- Archer (x2), 46 points, Q3+,C3, Fearless, Short Bow
A Barbarian Win---------------------------------
This was the first game of the finalised new "Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes" ruleset (as published under the Fighting Fungi title) - all previous examples being playtests.
The reaction system still works well. We decided that it should only apply to models with 2 Long from the model failing an activation (optional in the rules) and is brings an extra dynamic feel to the battle. Enough models also had the new "block" rule to see that tested numerous times. it is by no means a sure-fire save so it also helps with the excitement of battle. The new Blood Boil trait (replacing the berserk rule in the core rules) works as well, with it's randomised reward\risk nature being evident.
Once again the magic user was found exposed. The new magic rules are very tempting, but it will take a bit of practice\nerve to use as spell casters are very squishy point magnets!
Looking forward to our next game.