Sunday 10 December 2023

Advertisement Break

 


Something I've been wanting to do since starting my future city is to have some sort of video advertising board as part of the scenery. It has become a common enough sight in real life but is of course an iconic look for the Cyberpunk City of the future.

The main hurdle to jump over was how I was to house the screen, be it custom lcd screen, tablet or phone. Then I came across this 3D Printable kit from the Digital Taxidermy site (where I'd picked up my Sci-FI Hover cars). Printed out (the support framework tower was a long 16 hour print for me) and painted it is just the business (although a front base foot needs to be added if assembled as per the site photo).


As for display content, I used "WinX YouTube Downloader" to download a complete loop of all the adverts in the game Cyberpunk 2077 and saved it only an old phone (with black insulation tape on to cover the ends).

The final result is just what I was hoping for, and will add a dynamic future feel to the table.

1 comment:

  1. I saw something similiar but for fantasy games. Someone had printed a swamp/water terrain piece that could let you slide in a small tablet and run a water or vortex ripple effect video. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete