Thursday 24 July 2014

Quick Crossbowmen

This week a one off game of "Song of Blades and Heroes" is planned. The campaign is in a haitus at the moment until MacSver can find time in his busy schedule to get his recruits painted (autumn time probably). Lots of games to play in the meantime. For this week I had a bit of a rummage around and came up with some blue and white quartered Empire Soldiers I'd painted ages ago as a town or noble guard for roleplaying. Coincidentally they fitted in with the robe colours of a Battling Bishop I'd picked up somewhere (already painted). If they are to try and face up to MacSver's Dwarves though they'll need a bit more than a willingness to go toe-to-toe in battle. So I raided the old Empire soldiers and Mercenary boxsets to make up a couple of crossbowmen, and gave them a quick paint to match the existing troops.

I thought town\noble guards would be more likely to have crossbows than long bows.

The assembled warband.
As far as SoBH stats go the guards are just standard Human soldiers\archers. I think I'll make the Bishop an Enchanter to give the flavour of shouting religious zeal to encourage a particular soldier for a turn (pass 2 or 3 dice to add 1 to combat for his turn). I would also like to make one or two of the pikemen as bodyguards, but that's a "Song of Arthur and Merlin" rule, and so far I don't think we've included any of those rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment