Terrain: Border Town
The First Law:
- Bayaz, (Warband Leader) First of the Magi, 113pts Q2+, C3 Special Rules: Leader, Magic User
- Logen Ninefingers (Warrior) 36pts Q3+ C3 Special Rules: Fearless
- Ferro Maljinn, (Elite Archer) 56pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules: Shooter (Long), Unerring Aim, Stealth
- The Dogman (Scout Archer) 36pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules: Shooter (Long), Scout
- Rudd Threetrees (Warrior) 40pts Q3+ C4
- Black Dow (Warrior) 26 Pts Q3+ C3 Special Rules: Dogged.
- Caul Shivers (Warrior) 36pts Q3+ C3 Special Rules: Fearless
- Nicomo Cosca (Warrior) 38pts Q3+ C3 Special Rules: Opportunistic
- Galan (Wood Elf Leader) 100pts Q2+,C3 Special Rules: Forester,Leader,Shooter: Long
Item: Charmstone x 1
- Folmon (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Ailuin (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Anlyth (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Mallosson (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q4+, C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Thonor (Dryad) 50pts Q3+, C2 Special Rules Forester, Distract
- Tatharon (Wood Elf Archer) 50pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules Forester,Shooter: Long
- Galadthel (Elite Wood Elf Archer) 56pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules: Forester,Shooter: Long, Unerring Aim
The elves won initiative and pushed forward
The majority of the force made for the alleyway next to the centre square, whilst a couple of skirted round to enter from the west.
The melee contingent of Bayaz's human force also pushed to the alleyway from north.
The human ranged threat flanked to the east.
On the other side of the square, some of the guards where headed in the general direction of the elves.
The main force climbed over the fence, but alerted the nearest set if town militia.
As the militia closed in the main force split. Some stayed to combat the locals in a bottleneck whilst the others, including the key holder, used the small buildings as cover to progress.
An event card was them played, with a Harpy flying down from the prison roof and attacking the nearest set of humans. Luckily for the players it happened to be some of the town guard.
With the town guard footsteps approaching, the humans took up positions on either side of the fence side gate to ambush the locals.
Meanwhile the harpy was quickly dispatched by the guards.
On the south side of town the fighting was tough, but the lack of room was preventing the militia from landing the decisive blows on the elven rearguard. The key holder and colleagues made for the tower entrance.
The fighting was also fierce in the north. The guards were holding their own and Threetrees (the key holder) was felled
and with reinforcements arriving Threetrees and Caul Shivers were both taken out of the fight.
The militia spotted the elves making for the prison door, but they were met with a protective guard
and the key holder managed to progress
and release the fair maiden.
The Elves started to whittle down the numbers of the guard,
whilst the humans took advantage of a couple of bad militia activations to make a strategic withdrawl.
With a route cleared the elves wasted no time in trying to spirit away the girl.
East of the square the guards were using their superior movement rate to try and close down the retreating humans.
Whilst southside, the dryad managed to distract (transfix) an lead militiaman. This gave the elves the space to climb back over the fence into the alleyway.
But the guard were not giving up and raced round through the gate into the alleyway as well.
Meanwhile the other set of guards had already caught up with their prey, and Dogman was take out.
A rearguard of elves just did enough to hamper the despirate guards and allow the daughter with escort to elude the captors and escape into the night.
Battle Outcome: Everglade Guardians Win