The first quick test paint for my Viridian Marine force is now done. Always worth doing to get to know the figure style and details. One strange thing i noticed is that the scuplts of the boots are different on left boot from the right! I checked the other figures and they are the same? Weird.
Anyway, time to note down the colours used for my future reference, so feel free to skip this paragraph.
- Armour: Miniature Paints Stone Green
- Clothes: Miniature Paints Earth Brown
- Boots and Gloves: GW Foundation Brown
- Webbing: Miniature Paints Rust
- Bedding Roll: Miniature Paints Pale Flesh
- Gun: Black
- Face Mask: Miniature Paints Dark Grey
The end isn't quite as dark as the photo but looks OK at the standard speed tabletop arms length visual. A bonus for this starter pack (as far as speed painting is concerned) is that there are no character pieces - everyone is in standard Marine uniform (to be honest, one of the reasons I picked them!)