Thursday 30 June 2011

Warmachine - Cryx Cankerworm


Finished. I was looking forward to painting this 'jack, but for some reason didn't enjoy it as much as I'd anticipated. I don't know way. Maybe I was having a bit of difficulty figuring out where to vary the colour. For the first time I used Miniatures Paints metallic Copper (on the Cankerwork underside) which came out quite nicely. It's such a rich colour I rarely use it, like the majority of my metallic paints outside of the  silver/brass/gold colours. My warjack rust theme is applied as usual, although it also had been better in the past. The jury is still out on the base as well. We'll see if any static grass makes an appearance in the future. And jus noticed that I should fix the base's skull - rubbish.

And before anyone comments, I realise the mandibles are on the wrong way round from the official pictures. But I'm not removing them so there's no point nagging me about it!

Ach, I'm sure once it's been in the cupboard and brought out on the table I'll be feeling a bit more positive about the whole beast.


I now await the Von "must have" jibe!

2 comments:

  1. Nope - nothin' wrong with the Worm. It's a bloody good little 'jack but living in the same points bracket as Defilers and Ripjaws and minimum units of Bane and Bile Thralls means it's not as ubiquitous as it could be.

    Strangely enough, I had a similar experience with painting it. I think it's something to do with the shape, and the fact that it's almost all armour plates without a furnace or souls or anything to add colour contrast. I might be tempted to go back over mine and redo it in Scavengers of the Line colours so that it's got some more, well, colour to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks fantastic and would hate to see it across the table from me. I wish you good luck tearing your foes to pieces with it! lol!

    ReplyDelete