Monday 14 August 2023

Airfix Junkers Ju87b-1 Stuka


In my previous model kit I mentioned that this kit might be finished in the near future. Well in the same blogging year counts, right?

I had a bit of bother with the nose of this kit, so a some gap filling was required. Also, as I'm guesstimating the paint colours this model went through a few camo variations. The two recommended dark greens were so dark (in my versions) that I took inspiration from a couple of other modellers and went for a dark brown. Also the underside paint is probably too dark, but being in the UK a dull grey/blue is probably a better match.
The yellow band painted on the propeller is good though!


Super happy to finally have a Stuka and my first Luftwaffe plane on the ceiling. I'll have to look out another kit from the loft stash to taught myself with. Perhaps a starter one with the included paints to make life easier...

And as ever, here an interesting documentary about the Stuka:


1 comment:

  1. Lovely little posting, Sam, and whatever magic you worked on the nose has come up trumps, as it looks fine to me. I've always fancied doing some sort of air game using Airfix kits, but table size has always put me off. It looks great hanging from the sky though :-)

    ReplyDelete