Sunday 28 June 2015

Frostgrave Nickstarter



I can't remember if I'd seen a resisted this before or not, but I've gone and joined the many other souls in pre-ordering "Frostgrave" (soon out from Osprey) vie the North Star miniatures Nickstarter scheme. If you are interested I'm afraid you'd better be quick - only a couple of days left.

http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE.htm

Frustrate is a skirmish level fantasy game set in a ruined frozen city. As such I doubt there will be many intros (written or verbally) that don't mention GWs Mordheim. The warbands centre around the leader, who is a wizard, taken from one of 10 different schools of magic. I think this is what has drawn me to the game, as well as the lovely minis that have been produced for it.

I have pitched in at the "level 3" wizard level - the rule book, box set of 20 soldiers and the Chronomancer pairing. I also took the option for the Summoned pair as they look as they'll be useful elsewhere as well!

Shipping is estimated in the first week of July, so shouldn't have to wait too long.

Here is a review I found. Glad to see it was good.

http://thegaragegamers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/frostgrave-fantasy-wargames-in-frozen_25.html

4 comments:

  1. I can't make my mind up yet. Will probably pass this by and see what the reviews are like when its released. Minis look nice though I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a pretty hectic few weeks just now (hence the sporadic posting) and that is what probably changed me from "interested but unsure" to buying in. Nothing like new stuff to lift the spirits.

      Delete
  2. I've gone to the page a few times and the game and figures look like a lot of fun. Mordheim does kind of jump into the mind right off the bat when reading the fluff. I thought about buying in, but I've got so many years of backlog on my shelves that it wouldn't make any sense to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the burden of the lead pile. This was one of the reasons I didn't opt for the full figure collection (also the extra £45 was a bit of a stretch for my wallet). The game though doesn't require its specific figures, so I'll be able to use my already painted figures. It'll also give me another avenue into my existing unpainted collection to pull out figures - I've a few magic types there that will be great to get done!

      Delete