This time I'm theming my Warband around Woodland Defenders. The Main force bulk are Wood Elves with the fringe colour being provided by as large a variety of forest denizens as I can realistically manage (a few in the figure pool will never see the campaign table I'm sure).
So I introduce to you the starting lineup of "Galan's Woodland Defenders":
From Left to Right:
- Galan (Wood Elf Leader) 100pts Q2+,C3 Special Rules: Forester,Leader,Shooter: Long
- Folmon (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Ailuin (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Anlyth (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Mallosson (Wood Elf Warrior) 36pts Q3+; C3 Special Rules: Forester
- Thonor (Dryad) 50pts Q3+, C2 Special Rules Forester, Distract
- Tatharon (Wood Elf Archer) 50pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules Forester,Shooter: Long
MacSver has taken a different method of theming his warband. Not only has he moved away from Dwarves to humans, but he is forming a warband based on various characters from the 'First Law' books by Joe Abercrombie. I've included MacSver's colourful background descriptions as well for his "First Law Crew":
From left to right again:
- Bayaz, (Warband Leader) First of the Magi, 113pts Q2+, C3 Special Rules: Leader, Magic User
A wizard from an older time, Bayaz is determined to defeat his brother magi and end his evil machinations. Using Ninefinger's ability to talk to spirits and Ferro's demon ancestry, he hopes to collect the Seed, a tool to end the war.
- Logen Ninefingers (Warrior) 36pts Q3+ C3 Special Rules: Fearless
Infamous 'barbarian' warrior of the North named for his lack of finger. After mistakenly thinking his friends have died, he joined Bayaz on a journey to defeat his sworn enemy, Bethod. He has the ability to talk to spirits, but they are often short on words.
- Ferro Maljinn (Elite Archer) 56pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules: Shooter (Long), Unerring Aim, Stealth
An ex-slave from the south (Gurkhul) who puts her thirst for revenge over everything. Descended from demon's blood, she has unnatural aim with a bow.
- Jezal dan Luthar (Swordsman) 36pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules: Free Disengage
A self-centered nobleman and expert Union swordsman nominated to fight in a tournament to represent his country.
- The Dogman (Scout Archer) 36pts Q3+, C3 Special Rules: Shooter (Long), Scout
A world-weary and experienced northern scout, once belonging to Logen Ninefingers group.
- Black Dow (Warrior in Reserve) 26pts Q3+ C3 Special Rules: Dogged
One of the North's 'Named Men', ruthless and determined reputation.
- Rudd Threetrees (Warrior) 40 Pts Q3+ C4
One of the North's 'Named Men', a renowned strong-man and warrior.