New additions marked in purple italics
Dwarves (397 pts):
- Valgen Maest: DWARF COMMANDER 95 Pts, XP: 1/4
Free Disengage. [Brain Damaged:Savage for battle]
- Falster Vonlyr: ELITE WARRIOR 52 Pts, XP: 1/4
- Halgar Snowbeard: WARRIOR 42 Pts, XP: 1/4
- Manon Hardfoot: WARRIOR 34 Pts, XP: 0
Quality 3+ Combat 4, Short Move
- Rod Grimiron: WARRIOR 34 Pts, XP: 1/4
- Hono Pickbattler: WARRIOR 34 Pts, XP: 0/3
- Cerri Crakshot: CROSSBOWMAN 24 Pts, XP: 2
- Slii Shadesmith: THIEF 30 Pts, XP: 1
- Boindel Beaststrider: BEAR CAVALRY 52 Pts, XP: 2
- Ardaric Blackmaul: BARBARIAN COMMANDER 72 Pts, XP: 1/4
- Ooko: ELEMENTALIST 34 Pts (+ 75 Pts Summoning pool), XP: 1/4
Item: Healing Potion
- Erwig Bonetooth: ARCHER 56 Pts, XP: 1/4
- Rodulf Wolfhowl: WARRIOR 42 Pts, XP: 1/4
- Remos Arcfur: WARRIOR 42 Pts, XP: 0/3
The Avalanche moves a random distance at the end of the second players turn (coming in from the east). The games ends when it reaches Long of the opposite side of the table. To complicate matters the ground is covered in snow, reducing everyone's movement by one category. Predictably both warbands set up close to the Western side of the table.
The first 3 turns saw the dwarves advance in a strong line along the narrow "safe" corridor.
The Barbarians did likewise, with Ooko summoning Elementals to hopefully form some sort of front line, the warband having not been able to replace casualties from the last couple of battles.
But the avalanche was moving in - 2 long and a medium in the first 3 rounds.
The battle lines were being drawn. A tough line of dwarven warriors moved forward as one whilst the bear cavalry used it's better speed to hopefully distract the barbarians. They now had a front line of two fire elementals, with humans up in support.
With the distances between the forces still too great, Biondel decided to bring his bear back towards the main group. Just in time as well, as the Avalanche suddenly surged forward 2 long, completely covering his old position.
With the crushing force of snow rapidly approaching there wasn't much time to engage the enemy. Erwin moved forward and loosed an arrow at Snowbeard, who was knocked down onto the snowy surface. The fire elementals also moved forward and spat fireballs at the dwarven line, knocking back two of them.
The avalanche then moved in again close enough to the edge to force the battles end.
Battle Outcome: There were no kills, but 1 VP per 20 points of models still on the board were awarded: Barbarian Win (19VP to 14VP)