Monday 6 May 2024

Airfix Messerschmitt Bf109e

A staple for the finished model collection, alongside the Spitfire and Hurricane, is obviously the Messerschmitt Bf109, so I'm glad to get mine done.


It's from the Airfix starter box line, which simplified the paint selection, as the included colours (as always it seems) bear little resemblance to the box art. For the line along the side of  fuselage where the camo pattern starts I tried some low tack masking tape for the first time. It mostly worked, with the odd bit of seepage, and is definitely easier than freehand, so I will be using that in the future when required. 

Being the starter kit as well puts the build on the easier side, which was ideal in this case as I just wanted a wee break from the wargaming projects.

And as is customary, the "hung up with obvious thread" photo.

And finally a documentary on the Me109:

2 comments:

  1. I love the shot of them hanging from the ceiling. I was instantly transported back in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I do it. Takes me back to my boyhood bedroom ceiling, using a torch as a searchlight at night!

      Delete