Thursday 14 November 2019

15mm Fantasy Ruins Complete

With a few other non-gaming projects getting in the way it has taken a while to get these ruins completed, but finally they are.
Following on from a previous post, once all the beams, floors and walls had been painted\washed\dry brushed appropriately I mixed up some textured paint for the outside render.

This haphazard slop consisted of paint, pva, ready mixed wall filler (spackle) and a bit of sand. I wanted the consistency to be nice and sloppy for a thin-ish coat. I also didn't want a very sandy finish , I wasn't basing figures here, so I was mean in the amount of sand used. The surface still came out quite rough none the less. I tried to leave room for the beams as they were being PVA glued into place right after the render was applied (ie still wet). The potential for mess was quite high!

Once all dry I weathered the walls slightly with a light wash, dabbing liberally with some kitchen roll to break up the texture. I  gave the render a light dry brush of off white to try and tie the walls shades together. I also touched up the beams best I could where the render or dry brush had lapped onto the darker colour.

The ruins were still looking a bit tidy for me, so it was a case of putting some rubble onto the floored areas, trying to make sure not to impede any vantage points for figures during the game (in front of windows, etc)

To finish off I bought in a sheet of Classic Tiles from Warbases to do the roofs.

I am very pleased with the end result. I need to make some rubble terrain patches to scatter round the table next.

Available @ 15mm Skirmish Supplies

2 comments:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete